Saturday, April 17, 2010

If You're Ever in a Jam, Here I Am


I have the most wonderful friends. (You included!)
Two of them met me for coffee this week, and as we sat there sipping and talking, laughing and being quiet together, I was overcome by how much they mean to me. We've known each other a long time now, and the stories of our lives are all intertwined.

I don't know about you, but it's easy for me to get so caught up in our society's myth that to be a valuable person you have to produce, produce, produce. I hope I never forget the joy of spending time with friends.

I must remember this poem:

A Time to Talk
by Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?'
No, not as there is a time talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

Friendly visits add so much happiness to my life. So does this story. Have you heard about Bella and Tara? Take time to watch it. It's an amazing story.



Have a great weekend, y'all!
And remember,
If you ever lose your mind, I'll be kind.
If you ever lose your shirt, I'll be hurt.
If you're ever in a mill and get sawed in half; I won't laugh.
It's friendship, friendship,
Just a perfect blendship!
When other friendships have been forgate,
Ours will still be great.

Love, Becky

10 comments:

Jojo said...

What a wonderful post and words that I needed to hear. Sometimes I work from home in the evening, hoping to get a head start on the next work day. Suddenly, the doorbell will ring and I find myself getting annoyed that I'm being interrupted. Generally it's a neighbor just stopping by and in my mind I start thinking about what I'd planned to get done that night and feeling somewhat frustrated. It's such a compliment (and I need to remember) that those moments in our lives are special gifts - not an interruption. Work can wait and life doesn't. Thank you.

Unknown said...

awww! both your post and the video warmed my heart! LOVE YOU!

Susan said...

Now that I am home full time I don't have the same interaction with friends that I had for years. I have my hubby, who is my best friend, but it's not the same as having lunch with friends or brewing a pot of coffee, just to gab. Hmmm, I think I'll go visitin' tomorrow. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Jenny said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I concur.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your online presence and for continuing to share stories like those of Miss Eula.

lotusgirl said...

I'm so glad we met and have become friends. One can never have enough friends especially kind ones like you.

Angie Muresan said...

Beautiful! Your friendships, the poem, the video.

LW said...

What an awe-inspiring video.
What a wonderful post…

Have a good day my friend,

Louise

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Lovely!
Always fun to stop by here and catch up on your posts!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that poem by Robert Frost, but that is exactly what friendship is, isn't it?