Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Bag of Chips

Today's Wonder of the World is...the Chip!

Flickr photo by desertculinary
Hey friends! Enjoy some chocolate chip cookies for making my party day so much fun!
You people are awesome at wonder-ing! And at making my day!
I had such a good time jetting all over the blogosphere that I'm a little pooped. I think I'll just put my feet up, reflect on the memories, and enjoy a bag of chips!

Aren't chips great?
Sometimes a few chips of something is better than a whole brick of it.

Flickr photo by lalalex
Well...maybe that doesn't apply to chocolate.
Let's try again.

How about these, ladies and gentlemen, my latest weakness:

Flickr photo by MrsMarv
Sweet potato chips! Crispy, sweet, and dusted with cinnamon sugar.

I also think this chip is pretty sweet.

Flickr photo by Anissa.R

Unless he's in my garden, pulling up my tomato plants and eating my baby asparagus tips. Then I want to clobber him.

Speaking of chipmunks, how about monkey chips?
No, not the ones the zoo keeper has to shovel!

I'm thinking about these.

These little monkeys belong to a friend of mine. His daddy carved them out of peach pits!
Now he carries the little monkey family in his pocket everywhere he goes. (He's a sentimental guy.)
Chip, chip, chip away, and a clever person gets monkeys from peach pits!

What else can you get from a chip?

Flickr photo by purkleflower

We could paint these chairs if we wanted, but let's not. I like them chippy like that.

Flickr photo by melisdramatic

You could turn those paint chips into a wallet, if you're really crafty!

Flickr photo by sknittymama
You can buy one at Etsy, here . (And no, I don't know the wallet makers. I just think they're cool!)
If you had money in that wallet, and were the gambling kind, you could turn it into chips of another sort!

Flickr photo by maddestmouse

These remind of golf chips.

Flickr photo by poker doublewinky

No, not those.
This kind!

Flickr photo by Boleslav Bobcik

If those were yellow, they'd look a little like banana chips.
Yum!

Flickr photo by daylapt

I've never made my own.
Although I have made fish and chips!

Flickr photo by Justin Qian
Delicious.

We could set them out on my friend Penny's mosaic topped buffet.
She's an artist who is a whiz with chips.

Flickr photo by LavenderHillStudio
Just looking at that pretty buffet makes me feel...chipper!
How about you?
And what chips did I leave out? Come on and tell me. I've got no chip on my shoulder!

Have a Wonder-Full Thursday, y'all!

And if you weren't able to make it to the party yesterday, (we missed you, by the way,) go back a post and enter the drawing. I'll pull three names tomorrow morning. And visit the party people's blogs! They're fun and full of wonderment!

Love,
Becky

PS. I almost forgot! Middle child Chip on My Three Sons! Enjoy!

25 comments:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I've never tried sweet potato chips, but they sure look good. I'm sure they would be like Lays Potato Chips, too - you can't eat just one.

Barb said...

It is always a pleasure to visit you Becky. I learn, laugh, and remember. I used to love My Three sons- forgot all about Chip! And I thought he was sooo cute.

Loved meeting some new people yesterday. Many thanks for a wonder-ful par tay.

hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

Oh, Becky, I could not read your whole post...it was making me hungry for things...unhealthy things like choc chip cookies and potato chips. Maybe I should just go eat breakfast! LOL!

Rosemary said...

Hi Rebecca,
I do love the chips!!
Hope you had a great day yesterday!!
Rosemary

Kat said...

There are far more chips than I ever really thought about. Man, you are so clever!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Speaking as the wife of a network engineer -- what about the data chip? Whatever the heck that is...

I love your posts! You are fast becoming one of my favorite blogs.

David Ebright said...

You forgot Buffalo Chips & Cow Chips - I've heard there are actually contests to see how these 'chips' can be thrown.
Hmmmmm..... never tried that myself. Don't think I will.

Suzie said...

No matter what you write I only seem to see food. Now I want chips.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

You guys are funny.
Tonggu momma, you're right. I forgot all about data chips. And I'm with you--when my husband insists on explaining what they are and how they work I start making out grocery lists in my mind. Or I think about raisins. Or whatever. I just want the chips to save my writing when I click on save. That's enough for me.

And jaxpop, yep, I didn't include cow chips on purpose. I tried it, but next to chocolate chips I just couldn't stomach it. People do make a game of throwing cow chips. Yuck. The last year I was teaching, I was sophomore class advisor and the kids wanted to raise money by selling squares on a farmer's field like a raffle. If the cow leaves a chip on your square, you win a prize. You should hear all the slogans they came up with. I almost hated to say no.

Suzie, sorry bout that. It's a problem for me too. Give in to the madness. (I'm eating a handful of chocolate chips as I eat this and it would make me feel better.)

Anonymous said...

I make sweet potato fries, even though I'm Canadian. We love them sprinkled with salt. I learned that one, from my Georgia girl friends when we lived there.
Yummy, time to eat.
CC
Claudie from Canada

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Mmmm. Chocolate chips. :)

CC said...

You forgot CHiPs TV show from the 80s! I loved that show! :) :)

Anonymous said...

I just made choc. chip cookies today! How funny.
I love that peach pit carving. Very cool. I don't think I could have thought of so many "chips" on my own--but you did skip Erik Estrada:)

K. Marie Criddle said...

I am so happy that I have found you! I giggled aloud reading this, to the displeasure of many near me in the library. Perhaps they could use some chocolate chips, too...

P.S. My cousin's name is Chip and he is wonderful, too.

Unknown said...

I thought of two -- but others have thought of and posted about the same two. It's a slow day for me, I guess.

You are amazingly creative!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the foodie Chips, as long as they're not too salty - I swell up! I like the current / future electronic chips to be placed in our bodies. I know it sounds weird to like that, but the advantages are that criminals will be better identified as well as their past history. Also the biggie is that your health history can be stored in you, so that if you're found unconscious, the EMT's will know what to, and what not to do based on glancing at your medical records that are compiled on a chip that's in your body! Possible invasion of privacy by the wrong people is the only down side - maybe we'll have to plug into the computer and periodically update our firewalls! Keep up this great fun for everybody, Becky.
Randy

Anonymous said...

I remember that show. Loved the clip. Your post is killing my diet. I may have gained weight simply viewing this. There should have been a viewer discretion advisory for the poor, weak dieter :)!

Penny's work is beautiful!

Susan Sandmore said...

Where's the microchip, Becky? Hmmm huhhh hmmm? It might not be as tasty as the chocolate kind, but I love it just the same.

LarryG said...

looks like every one has been "chipping" in but me :)

This was a really fun post !!!
Your stuff is always upbeat.

Anonymous said...

YUM....YUM....YUM.....*slurps sugar free white mocha frapp*

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Paint chips and chocolate chips...that's my world view. I've got newly made chocolate chip cookie dough in the refrigerator right now!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How could I forget Erik Estrada? How?

And the microchip. I owe it so much!

To use Larryg's pun, "Thanks y'all for chipping in!

karin said...

It is fun to visit your blog, and i am a chip of the old block, ha-ha
have a blessed day
k
xx

Tara said...

Now I'm in the mood for chocolate! LOL And it's just 7:30 a.m. Great post!

Tara
http://tattedlacetreasures.blogspot.com/

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi!
I am so honored to be mentioned as one of your wonderful "chips"! You are too sweet :-)
Hugs,
Penny