Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stories in the Sand


Have you ever noticed what incredible artwork the tide creates all by itself?
I love the trees in the sand above. At least I see trees. Maybe you see something else.

Some people create beautiful artwork in sand too, and even tell stories through the pictures they make. Have you seen the video going around of artist Kseniya Simonova in action? She won 2009's Ukraine's Got Talent. (And no, I'm not joking. It's a real show, showcasing amazing artists, if the rest of them are anything like Simonova.) Please take a minute or two to watch it. It's some of the most fascinating storytelling you'll ever see!



Have a great Wednesday, y'all!
Love, Becky

14 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

It starts off kind of slow, but I promise it's worth watching. Skip ahead and see.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

One more thing...a word of explanation. She's showing how ordinary people in her homeland were affected by the German invasion in World War II.

Tana said...

I have to show that to my kids! Makes me want to play in the sand, over a light box of course ;)

Puna said...

I'm surrounded by sand today! I see trees too.

lotusgirl said...

Oh, my gosh. That is so amazing. I've never seen anything like it. I'm going to have to share that. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That is incredible. Such patience to work this way I imagine.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh, that makes me yearn for some nice warm sand. Darn, the Ponderosa is under about six inches of melting snow right now. Oh, well this chick will put it on the back burner.

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day from the hills and hollers of the Ozarks!!!

May @ Anne and May said...

1) That girl is gorgeous! I want to be her!

2) People do the darndest things in their spare time. It would never occur to me to do this!

Amazing!

Renee said...

Becky isn't it amazing what some people can do.

xoxo

Parisbreakfasts said...

I would like to be digging my toes into the SAND RIGHT NOW!!!
YUM :)
merci

Parisbreakfasts said...

WOW Finger painting!
and she's ambidextrous!!

Kelly H-Y said...

I'm speechless ... that is amazing!

Rosemary said...

Hi Rebecca,
Just stopping by to say hello!
Rosemary

Susan said...

This is an amazing video. I've not seen anything like it.