Monday, March 22, 2010

Strong, Beautiful Women and the Art of Jamie Caplinger


Riveting, by Jamie Peterson Caplinger
I have a new artist friend to add to my list of Creative People Who Inspire Me! Allow me to introduce you to Jamie Peterson Caplinger.

Lucky girl! She's incredibly talented, and gorgeous as well!

I first learned about Jamie when this lovely painting suddenly appeared as my sister- in- law's profile pic on facebook.

A Bath Full of Talent
Isn't it amazing? From the moment I saw it, I loved everything about it. Not only does it show off how beautiful Swanee is, but it also captures Swanee's love for her own art. For years my sister in law has wrapped her family in the most artful quilts of her own creation. Designing and creating them is a big part of the way Swanee shares herself with others, and the painting shows that. And the colors! I just want to bathe in those colors.

When I asked Swanee about the painting, she told me all about Jamie and her upcoming show, Facets, an exhibition of works depicting the strengths and struggles of military wives. It's an incredible collection.

This one stuns me.

Class

And I really like this one too.

There's A Reason the Kids Hog the Tire Swing

If you'd like to see more, why not take a road trip and experience Jamie's work for yourself? The public is invited to this Thursday's opening reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Patriot Hall Galleries, 135 Haynsworth St. in the Sumter County Cultural Center, Sumter, South Carolina. The exhibition will remain in the galleries through April 22. Want to hear more about the show or Jamie's work? Hop over here for more info.

I don't know about you, but seeing these strong and beautiful military wives puts a song in my head.
I am strong. I am invincible. If I have to, I can do anything...
Have a great Monday, y'all!
Love, Becky

5 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Thanks for the intro, Becky. She is certainly talented.

'Class' reminds me of an expression my face wears well. Haha.

Have a gorgeous day!

R and L said...

She is very talented. I love the fact that in each painting, there's a very powerful subject, beautiful complimentary mix of colors, and great use of light and highlighting. You can feel the emotions in each one, and find yourself drifting throughout the beauty of each brush stroke. Thanks for bringing this artist to our attention, she deserves it, wow!
Randy

Anonymous said...

I really like that first one. Thank you, Rebecca, for introducing me to her work!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Becky,
Wow! Yes in deed, very talented. I have always wanted to paint, but I have no talent in that department. So I very much admire those who can.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Elizabeth

rochambeau said...

Hi Becky,
Thank you for the introduction to Jamie Peterson Caplinger! She has a stunning gift for capturing expressions! Also, her color sense in vibrant. It's nice to see the photo of her painting with her little boy there under toe!

Happy day to you !
xox
Constance