Wednesday, December 16, 2009

O Come Emmanuel


http://www.flickr.com/photos/mochetta/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Earlier this week I heard from a very dear friend of some tragic news in her family. Her brother, who had just been diagnosed with lung cancer in late October, took his own life over the weekend. Apparently he had an MRI and found out Thursday or Friday that his cancer had spread to the bone. He didn't want to put his family through any more pain.

Of course his family's hearts are broken. If you're one who prays, won't you remember my friend, her other brother, and her sweet parents?

In this beautiful season of Happy Happy and God's most glorious gift to the world, so many of us are suffering with grief and disappointment, hopelessness and pain. We desperately need Emmanuel to come now more than ever. Ours is a hurting world. That's the whole reason Christmas came anyway, right?

My friends, I wish for you a season of only joy. May the blues of Christmas be found only in your lights and wrapping paper.

Love, Becky

11 comments:

jama said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's brother, Becky. It does seem like lots of folks are grieving or struggling with health issues. I just lost an aunt, and my husband, an uncle.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Jama, I'll be thinking about your family too. My sympathies are with you and your husband.

Susan said...

My prayers are with your friend and the family. The holidays naturally make you think of the ones you have lost. It's hard to think of pain at this most wonderful time of year. It's easy to lose sight for the reason we celebrate. Let's all take a breath and regroup and remember. Take care, Susan

Anonymous said...

That is so heartbreaking. I'm sorry for your friend and will say a prayer for her and her family.
Here's to the light of hope.

Renee said...

Oh Becky what a beautiful post.

I am in tears thinking of your friends' brother. It is hard. Poor him, poor him.

Beautiful post darling.

Love Renee xoxo

Kat said...

Oh I'm so sorry. The holidays can be so hard.
Prayers for your friend, her brother, and her family.

Fete et Fleur said...

Heartbreaking . . . I pray they are comforted and are able to come to a place of peace with this situation. May HE be light in the darkness.

Nancy

ForCryingOutLoud said...

Oh, Becky...my heart just breaks, reading your post...I've lost too many friends that way, and am ever so grateful that I believe in a gracious and merciful God. In this, advent, we give thanks for the birth of "Christ, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world, and has mercy on us." May God be with his family, and yours this Christmas.

Gwen Buchanan said...

oh such a sad story... Why oh why does life not seem fair...

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Thanks for the prayers, y'all.
Love you.

R and L said...

Very sorry to hear about your friend's brother. It's a bad way to go because nobody get's to say their goodbyes, and tell the person how much he has meant to them.
It's so hard to read a person's inner pain. And if we only knew, we could all be of more help in preventing such things from happening.
Randy