Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life's So Ruff When You're a Dog

Things at our house have been crazy this week.
Sarah moved off to her new town, to a new apartment, to a new school, to a new life-- and felt like she had to take all her worldly possessions with her. My arms are killing me and I didn't even load that much in the van.
And tonight Ben and Todd drive to Charlotte so that he can catch his plane way too early tomorrow morning to Togo, Africa where he'll spend most of the summer.
So for the last week we've been running all over, packing moving boxes and buying apartment supplies and bug repellant and Gatorade powder and trying our best to fulfill our duties as staff /support to our excited children. 
As you can see, it's exhausted Tanner the Slobber Dog.
















Not even the camera flash would wake that doggie up.

















Okay, well the second flash did.

But no worries, he's back asleep again.
I think I want to be a dog. That is, if I could periodically yank my puppies back to the house by the scruff of their necks.
But dogs have to go off and run their own lives, I guess.

Peace and plenty of pats on the head to you, friends! :)
Becky

4 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I don't know why some of my words have been linked to advertisements. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good luck as you move around your emptier nest this summer. So much excitement in your neck of the woods--no wonder Tanner needs a nap.

Unknown said...

Love those dog stories, and how they teach us life lessons. Your blog is so sweet. Thank you.
Just a note about our Bookclub discussion last evening- French by Heart by YOU! Such a fun time, and your mother did a great job leading us through your families time in France for four years. We felt honored to have the author's mother! Not many bookclubs get that honor! We had French pastries and a great discussion with pictures and scrapbook to lead us along the way. Felt like we were there with you! Keep us updated on your journey.
One of your fan,
Ann

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Annibelle, thanks for the interest in French By Heart! I'm sure mom enjoyed the book club meeting-I'm jealous. I wish I could have made it. (And not just because I missed out on the pastries!:)