Monday, October 12, 2009
What's that face for? Is your Monday To Do list making you sad?
Why not trade it in for the list given to me Sunday morning? No matter your faith, you'll be sure to enjoy it.
A little explanation first: Sunday was Children's Sabbath at my church, and we reflected on the scriptures that instruct us that we must be more like children in order to enter the kingdom of God. But how do you do that? The kids gave us their own To Do List. Here's part of it:
1. Ride a bike.
2. Do karate.
3. Don't be so boring.
4. Stop taking naps in front of the tv.
6. Do the monkey bars.
7. Go to birthday parties and stay until the place closes.
8. Spend more time with your child.
9. Let a child read to you.
10. Draw more.
11. Be more imaginative.
12. Sometimes you have to put aside work for fun and creativity.
13. Get more excited about things.
14. Go back to school
15. Listen more and don't give orders all the time.
16. Ask a lot of good questions.
17. Don't freak out about the economy.
Great list, huh?
We even had homework--a picnic later that afternoon!
So what would you add to the list? What puts you in touch with your inner child?
Have a wonder-full Monday, y'all!
PS. Need help in the fun department? Let these babies lead you!